Goddess Knitters

03 August 2009

...just another day at the office...

So, I've been spend some serious time at Sock Summit World Headquarters lately. What? How many sleeps? That's right......2! Anywho, I thought I'd give you a look see at what a typical day at the office might look like.

This is the entrance to Tina's office.....lots of top secret stuff going on in there.

Note the sign that says "closed"....yeah right......
When things get a bit sticky she sometimes calls on Nigel to help her out. He's pretty smart and a little bit stubborn.

...but JoAnn knows how to put him in his place...don't mess with her.




You've heard of the infamous post-its? Well, I'm here to tell you that all of what you have heard is true. As Steph said today regarding post-its, "3-M owes us big time". Here's why.






Everything you see sticking to a wall is a post-it of some variety. And those things hanging from those clothespins.....post-its...And believe me, we've seen them all.

Sometimes we need a beverage while working. It's important to stay hydrated.



And here is my little corner of the Sock Summit world....(if you see me in the Marketplace, I better have this book in my hand. It has my life in it.


I only have one question left...if I don't go to sleep tonight....do I still have 2 sleeps left? just sayin'.....

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Knit Witch said…

    WOW! You guys have just put in an amazing amount of work. I can't tell you how sad I am to not be going......at least our yarn gets to go. Please, oh please say you all will be up for this torture again next year!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Anonymous marcy said…

    rock it deb! you have done an awesome job with all the st's. you will have fun and so will thousands of others. wish i were one of them.
    sending happy calm thoughts your way.
    ps. sleep is overrated, but try. you may feel better on friday if you do!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Thanks for the sneak peek! I can't wait!! "This is it, don't get scared now".

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! You guys are awesome :) And hey, I've tried to contact you, Rachel e-mailed me about where I wanted to volunteer, but I've not heard back from her. I think I'm lost in the sea of post-its somewhere!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Was it Tina that compared SS09 to birthing a baby? Do you vaguely remember the lack of sleep part? Yeah, that's what stage you're in. That too shall pass, but hopefully in awesomely fun ways.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Its here!!! All that hard work is going to pay off in one seriously fantastic way!! SS09!!! Its going to rock!!

    Hugs tomorrow!!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    Thanks for the sneak peek into the the SS World Headquarters. I can't wait!!!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger hearthead said…

    You ladies pulled it off...big time! Thanks for all your hard work, Sock Summit is Awesome!!! I am having a blast! Great pics!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Abby Franquemont said…

    That notebook is how I knew for sure it was you, since I never did get your blog address or Rav username. ;-)

    You run the circus and run it awesome. So great to meet you. Thank you for everything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home