Goddess Knitters

02 June 2009

Saturday was a great day! It started here......
and went here...
via this....
...that's Carol and I riding our bikes back from the Beaverton Farmer's Market. See my basket on my bike? It's new and do I love it! It has a quick release so I can ride with it and then take it off at the market to fill it up! SWEET!
The basket isn't the only thing to get filled on Saturday. Check out the goodies!
This is my new buddy, Tripp, making me some fresh squeezed Raspberry Lemonade. It's the best lemonade I have ever had.
The rule of the day was "if it doesn't fit in the tummy or the basket, you can't buy it". Carol almost broke the rule when the first thing she bought was a beautiful fused glass plate. Luckily, she had a backpack that the plate "just" fit into. The only thing she had to worry about then was not falling down on the way home.
This is Bryan and Nolan of Heifer International Portland. If you don't know about Heifer International go here and read all about it. I'll wait........
It's a fantastic organization and if you can, please donate to them. They do some great things!
By the time I left the market I had purchased a loaf of Dave's Killer Bread (I can't leave the market without it), a beautiful beefsteak tomato, some lovely basil, a hunk of local fontina cheese, and something new, garlic tops.

I made myself a promise this year to try something new from the market each week. Boy am I glad I tried this. They have the texture of asparagus with a hint of garlic flavor. I sauteed them in olive oil and salt and pepper and WOW. Love them. Try them if you haven't.

The ride was wonderful as the weather was perfect. 80 degrees with a slight breeze. I'm lovin' this bike thing.....

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    I love the basket!! Just perfect for the farmer's market!! Sounds like a perfect Saturday!!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    Yay for biking. I'm looking forward to a lot more of that in my new community. Only 5 days left til the big move :0)

    And I must try those garlic things too, they look fun :0)

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Sounds like a great day! Your basket is so cute, and so are you :)

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    Look how cute you look all geared up! Love the basket.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Knit Witch said…

    THAT looks like the perfect day! Oh man did those breads look YUMMY!!!! I am making myself a promise that I MUST make it out to Portland next year. I'm probably going to want to move there.........

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Melissa Morgan-Oakes said…

    GARLIC SCAPES!! They're also awesome in soup and with spinach, and make a fantastic pesto. Loooove them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home