Goddess Knitters

05 April 2009

...it was the best of times, it was the best of times....

So I am finally home again from camp and have had a good night's sleep. I can now reflect on the past week and all of it's fun and insanity. I know that there were equal parts. Here they are.....
...fish tycoon.....a lot of fish tycoon......




...knitting campers......

...knitting, popcorn and movie night...

...brand new spinners.....(Yay, Alice!)



..."crab hands".....nice job Stormy!

...Sarah and her beautiful shawl, which she knit from her own spindle spun yarn....in 10 weeks (i told you there was insanity.....)



...lots of color.....(the one on the bottom is actually Angela's hair, pretty!)





special friends....Stephen and is mom, Ann......


...did I mention the color? These are MY hand dyed that I got to create with my beloved depraved dyer.....


...meet de-stoned........

...and peeking periwinkle.....


...of course, new knitted socks...these belong to irishgirlieknits....

and last but certainly not least....tearful good-byes.....

...i told you it was the best kind of fun and insanity.......sriously.........

Labels: , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Love, love, love your dyed skeins and how that one is knitting up.

    Glad you are home safely. Take care!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous marcy said…

    in a word, it ws crabtastic!
    red eye left me red eyed and looking for sleep. but i did manage a few beautiful pictures from on high...new color thoughts...
    your colors are as beautiful as you!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Oh, that looks like that was a lot of fun!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    De-stoned...hehehehe! Great colorway name!! And an absolutely gorgeous color!! You are a rock star!!!

    It seriously was an absolutely fabulous week!! Thank you!! Miss you already!!

    How cute are those two waving goodbye!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    Loved it! Thanks for all of your hard work--it was a great time! Nice colorway, too.

     
  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    Oh, I love your de-stoned colourway.

    Glad you all had a great time :0)

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    Thank you for the bestest time ever! Also, a big THANK YOU for starting my new obsession with drop spinning :)

    p.s. love your colorways!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Sam said…

    Stupid Fish Tycoon.

    I miss you already! Thanks for the amazing job you did.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    OMG but I just love all your hand-dyeds! Awesome, Cockeyed! And awesome job, Camp Couselor! As always, you done good!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Tece said…

    Thank you so much for my making my freshman year at camp so much fun! I'm lovin' my little "crab sack"...I think my favorite memory may be your starring role as "Alex" and our evening of Knitting Jeopardy.....
    Linda and I just got home last night after another 5 days away from home , at quilting camp! Thanks again - hope to see you soon.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mya said…

    It was a crabtacular, crabalicious time! Miss you! Thanks for all your hard work to make sure we all had a crabtastic time at camp.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Ang. said…

    Gee, it actually took me a minute to realize that really was a picture of my hair. I'm a goof. I had such a wonderful time at camp, you were truly a counselor extraordinaire. I can't wait for next year!

    And I really like how your blue and yellow yarn looks with those flowers - so pretty!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger susan said…

    I loved reading your take on camp....oh and can we petition for some De-Stoned??? Love that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home