Goddess Knitters

05 March 2009

...stitches road trip: the final installment....

Tuesday was our final day on the road coming home from Stitches. We left Redding, CA in the morning, in the rain. By the time we got to Weed, CA, there was 3 inches of snow on the ground.



We did have chains in the van, but luckily we sailed up and over the pass (a little on the slow side) and down into Ashland, OR without having to put them on the tires. And you know what's in Ashland? That's right, our favorite gas station.



I told you there would be more on this in a later post.
Anyway, we first discovered this station on our trip south last year. We stopped for, of all things......GAS. It's the kind of place that you have to go inside to pay for your gas. The nice guy filled our tank, and I went in to settle up and what do I find? Only the best stickers in the world. See what you think....
...story of my life...

....uh huh......
....ever think about this?
...a special purchase for Hotflash, she lost the one she bought last year.....actually, I think someone stole it....

Seriously, the stickers there are the best. We bought others, but they have been "gifted" to friends before photos could be taken of them. Well, enough about the stickers......no wait, that is the best thing about the gas station! If you need to use the restroom while traveling through Ashland, OR......DO NOT STOP HERE...... I don't think it's been cleaned since the Carter administration.....just saying.....ick.......
But it is a must for sticker shopping.
All in all, it was a tremendous trip, great to see old friends and make new ones! I could not end this post without a thank you to several people.
1st ~ Ettamae - my co-pilot. Fun in the car and at the show! Thanks for sharing Bond with me, over and over and over again!
2nd ~ Nathania, Sandi and the gang at Purlescence - for bringing ALL of our stuff to the show, including the handcart that you have stored since last year, (Kevin, thanks for checking in on us!)for hosting us at the shop on Saturday night, for massages, hugs, smiles and friendship....oh yeah....cute baby, too!
3rd ~ irishgirlie and tapmouse...ladies, what can I say that would express how much you guys mean to me.....aside from the way you rocked the booth, you both have a very special place in my heart.......folding or no folding......mjiyn.......you know. Can't wait 'til camp...
4th ~ to each and every one of you wonderful knitters that came to the booth, endured the line, and smiled through it all. You guys made it more fun than work!
and last, but never least ~ depraved dyer~ for giving me the unbelievable opportunities that you have. If someone had told me 10 years ago that I would be in the extremely lucky position I am in now, I would have not believed it. You have taught me, trusted me, held and helped me. You are the sister that I never had. I mean that from the bottom of my extremely full heart. I am forever grateful. Thank you......

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger CoasterMeg said…

    I'm giggling through happy tears as I read your Stitches posts. What a hoot! You guys (collectively and individually) are GREAT!
    - Megpie

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Awww.....thank you!! I'm a little teary-eyed by the last thank you!!

    So glad you are home safely!! Its been a long week without you! But yesterday, when I got my Glinda the Good Witch sock kit from Woolgirl, I thought of you! There was a magic wand in it!! I'm sooooo bringing it to camp!!

    Big hugs!!!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger depravedyer said…

    oh lovey, I am going to go have a nice big cry now.

    love you!!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please, please.......what is the info on the gorgeous shawl you are wearing in the "road trip days 5,6,7" posting?Is it the Charlotte's Web Shawl made of all those gorgrous BMFA silkie?
    You look as good as the amount of fun you all are having!!

    Thanks, CintiSue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home