Goddess Knitters

19 February 2009

...new toys...

I have returned from Madrona with some new toys! First these.....


...only two words.....LOVE THEM!!

The addi clicks are the best interchangable needles I have ever tried. They are easy to use and the join is so smooth. Already have 2 different projects on them!

Next.......drum roll please.......

...that's right, a Strauch Petite Drum Carder....I KNOW!

I bought this bad boy from my new bff, Morgaine, at Carolina Homespun. I don't know who was more excited, Morgaine or me.....okay, I was way more excited, but anyway, I have set it up in my newly clean and freshly painted studio (photos coming soon), and have already been playing with it a little. I'm glad I was in Judith's class on Thursday at Madrona, because she emphasized that you ALWAYS PUT THE FIBER IN SIDEWAYS, and this had made all the difference.

I also came home with some new friends. Not only the lovely and talented Morgaine, but also the wonderful and witty Kristine from Curious Creek Fibers.
Anywho, there were many hugs, some tears and a huge amount of laughter! What a great thing! Can't wait 'til next year.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    I've heard so many great things about Madrona. Someday I will get myself there. Looking forward to seeing you at Stitches!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aren't toys fun!!! oh, the needles tempt me...
    i have stayed away from the spinning for now...

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    I have no idea what that one thing is for (spinning? huh..nope..stash too big already!), but those addi clicks...oh, I've heard nothing but good things!!!! So glad you had a great time at Madrona!

    One week til Stitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did I miss seeing thoose needles?! Probably a good thing I did.

    It was great seeing you there!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    Gotta love that Morgaine! She is THE one who is responsible for me spindling! And I have purchased almost all my spindles from her! AND it is my tradition to buy a new spindle from her everytime I see her! Hmmmm...guess that means I better plan on putting aside some money for a new spindle this weekend! (If the boss will allow me a few minutes off on good behavior to pop over to Carolina Homespun...)

    And you did NOT have to show me the clicks! I've heard all about them, Nartian mentioned them and well...I could get in alot of trouble having such notions put into my head!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home