Goddess Knitters

14 February 2009

...madrona: at the feet of a master...

So, I told you that I was taking Judith's class on spinning fat yarn. Well.......holy #@!?. Seriously, my little brain was so full of information after the first hour I thought that my head would explode.


I started out the morning taking notes and finally gave up because I was writing so fast and so much that I couldn't read my own writing. Seriously. And, I was have so many "ah-ha" moments that I thought I was going to have a stroke. But when all was said and done I had done this....


There's some (from r to l) merino, some silk, some corriedale and some rabbit! The silk is actually a single, the rest are 2-ply. This class has totally wound me up on spinning again. Not enough hours in the day.....

I did get this....



...and this...



...my list of superheros is growing.......

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Wow!! Looks like an absolutely fabulous time!!! Incredible!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My head went all 'splody after taking her Art of Plying class. I hope I can remember even half of what she told us!

    Good to see ya at Madrona :)

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    I've been so curious about these books! You will have to tell me whether they are "MUST GETS"! And the ShamWow did not get past me. I am scared. Seriously scared.

    VERY EXCITED to see you! NINE MORE DAYS!!!!!!! And I will have do start collecting up some survival rations for us, won't I? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home