Goddess Knitters

09 February 2009

...many things...

Well, this post may be a little disjointed, but I have many things to talk about.
First, one of my very favorite events is taking place as I type...

The 133rd Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show!
I love this show and always watch it. Last year Uno, the 15" Beagle was best in show. Of course this was perfect in my opinion, being the owner of Jake. We'll see what happens this year.

Second, I have resurrected my spinning wheel and have taken this.......


and started this.....




It is some lovely silk from my friend Tina. I'll keep you posted on what it ends up like. I figured that since I will be in an all day class on Thursday with Judith, (I know!!!!!) I should really get my act together and at least get some spinning time under my belt before I get to class. Just a little rusty........

Third, and speaking of Tina, we got together to work on Sock Summit vendor stuff and all I can say is..........


Each time we get together the plans just get better and better! I can't wait for this event to get here! As we get the vendors firmed up I will post a list here for you temptation, oops, enjoyment.

And finally, I will leave you with a sign of things to come..........could it be spring?

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I love Westminster too!!

    I traveled to New York one year to watch my dogs daughter take best of breed for Basenjis. I was so exciting to be there to see the action.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    That silk is gorgeous! I've been working on my spinning as well. I've got a new wheel on order, and I need to ratchet up my skills to justify it.

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Gorgeous gorgeous silk!! Have a blast at Madrona!! You are going to have such a fibery February...Sock Summit planning (can't wait! really!! need details!!)...Madrona... and then Stitches!!! Woo-hooo!!!!

    See you soon!!!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    You are so talented! That silk is amazing all spun up like that (can you tell I'm not a spinner with the weird lingo?) -- it's going to be beautiful!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your spinning looks great! the silk is delicious! cna't wait to see what it turns into!!
    you have much fun in store with camp and summits!
    as i sit with my little springer, i love westminster too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home