Goddess Knitters

20 April 2009

...what have i gotten myself into......

Okay, I will admit that I have an addicts' personality. I have been known to be obsessed with many things.......knitting, food, spinning, food, sock monkeys, food.......but enough about my weight problem.

My newest addiction is causing me great stress. I can't seem to stay away from it and yet while I'm obsessing over it, I am losing valuable knitting, spinning, sock monkey time! The absence of the food thing just might be a plus........

Meet my latest fixation.

Yep, Fish Tycoon. It's just a game, right? Well let me tell you, it's more than that. It's the tank and the food and the heater and the filter and the ick medicine and the fungal medicine and we haven't even covered the fish yet! (Wait, is that a golden guppy in that tank?) Oh yeah, the regular fish and the MAGIC FISH. That's right, MAGIC FISH! SEVEN OF THEM!



Then there's the other fish supplies that you MUST have to be a successful tycoon. I'm not just talking about the ick and fungal medicine, which by the way you can't have both at the same time, how unfair is that? What if you have fish with both ailments? That's right, you must choose which one gets healed first. That's like trying to decide which kid of yours goes to the doctor first when they both break a bone. I'm just sayin'.........
You also MUST buy the magic plants, the cleaning snail, the magic seahorse, the list of crap supplies just goes on and on and on...... And where do you get all this stuff? At the Fish Supply Store of course. And do they just give it to you? ABSOLUTELY NOT! You have to buy what you need with money!

And how, you might ask, do you get the money to buy the stuff? YOU HAVE TO SELL YOUR FISH! To people that just happen to wander into your Fish Store. You wait and watch, while these people stumble around from tank to tank and try to decide if they want one of your fish or if they would rather go get coffee. I mean, come on people.......(again, a little like selling your kids, but really, mama needs a new bottle of ick medicine......)

And so you spend your days, feeding, breeding, curing, moving, selling and buying fish, only to go to bed, get up the next morning to start the whole insane fun times ALL OVER AGAIN.
I would like to thank my good friends, depraveddyer and yarnharlot, for showing me the ways of the fish. I just have one thing to add. I glad you guys aren't into heroin. As I've said before, I'm an addict.
I have to go now. I have fish to sell..........

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Wen said…

    Those two knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they included it on the scavenger hunt list.

    How do I know? I mentioned this to Steph as my group received our list and she was barely able to suppress the maniacal gleam in her eye.

    It's a good thing I don't have an iphone.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Sam said…

    The fish are evil! I made the mistake of showing my daugher my tank and now I will never be rid of them! She cries when the fish die. Totally killing me.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Rosemary said…

    The fish may have caused a bit of marital discord the week after I got home from camp. I was a lot obsessed for a few days there. Now I'm just a little bit obsessed. Really.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    And a buddy of mine is hooked on Mafia Wars over at FB! Makes me join so I can send her "Energy Packs", wakes up in the middle of the night to play...I think these games are a sickness! And we wonder why our kids spend so much time on their handhelds?! Fish Tycoon, I shall not there go! (I'm not sophisticated enough right now, anyway...!-lol!)

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    You are so funny! Fortunately I totally suck at Fish Tycoon. I never could keep fish alive, not even virtual ones!

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    I think because I know I have those addict tendancies I am purposely avoiding the fish game! Seriously! Not having an iphone makes this a little easier too!

    However, ask Ken just how many times I've asked him about the fish game when he's got his iphone out?! Secretly, I want him to try it first so I can live vicariously through his fish!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Neuroknitter said…

    OH good lord! Am I the only one in the world without an iphone and not playing fish tycoon!?

    I only just learned to retrieve my vm! LOL!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    Shhhh...I succumbed to the lure of Fish Tycoon. I'm trying to reel in irishgirlie. She's weak. With help, I'm sure she'll fall to the dark side soon..

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The major perk of having an ancient Nokia is that I don't have the means to download Fish Tycoon. Just sayin.

    Well, there is the PC version, but that's much less appealing.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Beadnit said…

    Now I understand all of your fish references on Twitter!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Marisol said…

    This is hillarious! I'm kinda of glad that I don't own an IPOD! I would be right there next to you competing trying to bribe folks to come and look at my tank and buy my fish instead of yours...

    I would be totally-totally obsessesd as well:)

    This is a good thing!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous marcy said…

    thought my brother was gonna fall off his chair when i admitted to screwing up his password when tryingg to load fish tycoon for him! not htat he wanted it. or knew about it. or will even feed the fish.

    but he gave me his password!

    what's it called, transference?

    will there be a fish tycoon colorway?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home