Goddess Knitters

11 June 2009

...birthday fun...

So, there is much to cram into this post. This past weekend I celebrated my birthday and there is much to tell. It really started on Thursday with a bike ride. This is what I found along the road...







These are wildflowers that our county planted when they finished some recent road construction. Not bad, huh?

My next agenda item was dinner with my high school girlfriends. We have been friend for over 30 years! We have been through marriages, divorces, births, deaths, laughter and tears. This is a very special group of women to me. We get together about every 3-4 weeks for dinner. Our last BIG event together was the wedding of Molly's (1st on right) daughter in VEGAS, baby. It was a blast. That's when we saw Beatles Love. Needless to say....we knew ALL of the words...

This was the view on my drive home from dinner that night.....


It was spectacular.
On Saturday, which was actually my birthday, I went to the Beaverton Farmer's Market again. I love this market, duh! But I especially love the food. And I found my new favorite thing.....Zest Crepes!


Can you see how much I love them?

That evening, we had a wonderful dinner at Mingo, which is one of my favorite restaurants. Again, with the eating thing..... anyway, two of the best things of the evening (besides great family and friends) a beautiful wine and rhubarb crisp for dessert.


On Sunday I spent some time in the yard. There are some pretty great things happening there.

Oh! And remember my birthday gift from last year?


Now it looks like this...

Pretty neat, huh!


It was a very full and really wonderful birthday. I am very lucky!










Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Happy Birthday. Love your photos - Cool fountain.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Knit Witch said…

    Looks like a great time! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy Belated Birthday!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    LOVE your water feature. May the birthday happiness continue :0)

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Cathy-Cate said…

    Happy Birthday, dear Cockeyed!!!

    Looks like it was a fun few days!! That wildflower photo(s) reminds me of your yarn that you dyed at Sock Camp....lovely.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    I always say its birthday month...so keep celebrating!! Looks like you had an awesome weekend of friends, food, and fun!!! Happy happy birthday!!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    Happy Birthday! I hope you're continuing to celebrate.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Happy, happy birthday Cockeyed! I hope it lasts all month!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello from Wally!

    Hey I finished my Christmas sock but I don't know where you are meeting anymore. Did you leave McMinamans on Wednesdays for another place?

    Don't know how to reach any of you to show off my sock!

    Wally (Grandpa Great)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home