Goddess Knitters

25 July 2009

...just like waiting for Christmas....


I can't even believe that I am about to say this......

only 11 more sleeps until Sock Summit begins. Yep, only 11. Actually, it's 12 for those of you taking classes and participating in the rest of the events. But for me, it's 11. That's when the Vendors start their move in process at the Convention Center. And what a fabulous group they are. And the stuff they are bringing! And I get to be in the middle of it all! I can't wait to meet these people that I have been conversing with via email. I feel like I already know them.

I also am getting that feeling I used to get when I was getting my kids ready for the first day of school....

Me: "Do you have your backpack?"

Daughter 1: "yep"

Me: "Where is your lunch money?"

Daughter 2: "In my backpack."

Me: "Did you brush your teeth?"

Daughter 1: "yep"

Me: "Where are your shoes/"

Daughter 2: "duh! on my feet."

Me: "You need a jacket."

Daughter 1&2: "MOM!"


The questions have been and will be different, I assure you. But even so, I have been preparing a spreadsheet, just to make sure......
I hope I don't ask anyone if they brushed their teeth.

11 more sleeps (if i can).....just sayin'.......

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Sam said…

    Well everyone needs fresh breath so it seems like a fair question.

    Can't wait to see you.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said…

    It's going to be great! Breathe....

    I'm helping a friend move in on Wednesday. See you around!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    So excited!!! Looking forward to seeing you!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said…

    I'm still asking those questions of my son - wallet, phone, keys, brains?
    "Mom!" (sigh)

    Can't wait to see you either!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous marcy said…

    wishing you a great 11 sleeps cuz you'll need it! will you promise to keep twittering during the weekend so i can feel the love from cape cod? pleaseplease!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Here's me....looking at the virtual sock summit window... "Open open open open!"

    Seriously can't wait!!! It is going to be amazing!!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Kristine said…

    will you please come to my house and make sure that I have my backpack - at this point I'm not sure that I can be trusted - but I will have a lot of yarn.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Squeee! Only 7 more sleeps for me now! I can't wait to see you!!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Marisol said…

    You are so cute:) Yes I brushed my teeth and will make sure to brush them extra long for when I see you:)

    Also counting down the days 'til I see you and everyone from sock camp:)

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't wait. It's better than Christmas because I'll be doing the buying there instead of before and then having to wrap. Marie in RI

     

Post a Comment

<< Home