Goddess Knitters

26 June 2009

...color my world...

I wanted to share with you some new colors in my life~
These are both truly works of art and I think you already know that they are from the creative genius and my friend, depraved dyer.


The first lovely is SOCKGATE~
(quotes from BMFA website)


"Sock Gate has in it all the colors from the Sock Summit logo. I put the dye on in a way so that when you knit socks from this colorway you will get a similar representation of color as on the logo. Not exact by any stretch of the imagination just similar. "

The next beauty is ST-1~



"Stephanie and I agree on many things and color is certainly one of them. We both tend to gravitate to the same earthy end of the spectrum. However there is one very small deviation, Steph likes oranges more than I do. So what I did here was take the colors we love and put the ones that she loves best on one end of the skein and put the ones I like best on the other side and where they meet is a color we both are pretty on about. Then I dumped just a little bit of pond scum over it to give it the scummy blessing. I really love this colorway because of the colors but also because it is our friendship manifest in color, on yarn. How can you get better than that? oh....yep socks. "

Yes, these do make my heart go skippity skip. But my true love is this...ST-2~

"Debbi, Rachel, JoAnn and Debra, our trusted and cherished team. They are hardworking, loyal and smart, competent women. All of them are also really, really funny. Steph and I love them a whole lot. All four of them love some shade of red. So I took all of those red hues, saturated their little red hearts out and there you have ST2. These women have our hearts and are the heart and soul and blood, sweat and yes, tears of Sock Summit."

Anyone that knows me know that i love anything red. And boy do I love this one! I had no idea that Tina was doing this, although I am not surprised. (When does she sleep?) I was at Tina's the other day working on vendor stuff for the Summit , and when I got ready to leave she said casually, "Oh, I've got some color for you." This statement always makes me excited because I never know what she going to show me and I am always blown away. It never fails. But this time......wow. And then I saw the label.....ST-2! There are no words.....
I just keep reminding myself that I am one lucky girl. Having a friend like Tina is amazing......

8 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous marcy said…

    teary here...what would we do without girlfriends...

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love Tina's new colors and ST-2 is awesome! What a great colorway for you and the team.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    When I saw that color, I thought how perfect it was!! All of them are!

    And I can't believe just 40 days til sock summit!!

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    You are lucky (I'm just a little bit envious) and Tina is pretty darn lucky to have you, too!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    I love all those colors!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Cathy-Cate said…

    Those are wonderful!
    (sniff)
    Love, love, love.

    And ditto.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Marisol said…

    Beautiful colors indeed. What does ST2 stand for? Sock sumit 2? Maybe I need to go re-read...

    You are all lucky indeed to be able to work together and form such a great team and wonderful ciricle of friends:)

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger depravedyer said…

    awww you made me cry. I a the lucky one sweetie. Totally!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home