Goddess Knitters

16 September 2008

...OMG

Several weeks ago, I fell prey to tapmouse's temptation of the Secret of the Stole III and just had to get in on all the fun! All I can say is there is a reason we teach our kids to "just say no". This KAL, while beautiful, is by far biggest knitting test I have had ever had!

First. It's lace. I love lace and would knit it all the time, but that would leave no time for socks, sweaters, etc. (except lace ones!). So by the very nature of the beast it has consumed me.

Second. There are beads. I have knit for a long time but never have incorporated beads. I thought, "how hard can it be?" Should be pretty easy.....until I had to frog back 3 rows and the beads that had been knit in went flying about the room as I frogged.

Third. It's a secret. Anyone who knows me knows that I love secrets....if I'm the one getting to keep them. This not knowing how the thing is supposed to turn out is killing me. Every Friday there is a new Hint posted to the Yahoo group and I guess the idea is that you take that week to knit up that hint and then wait for the next hint to be posted the next Friday. The first hint was posted on August 15th. If you keep up with the knitting you have a pretty good idea how the project is going to turn out.

The best part of this whole KAL is that I found a thread on Ravelry that really has made my SOTSiii experience bearable...."Turtle Club". For all of us that are pretty much bringing up the rear of this KAL. When I found this thread I rejoiced in my sisterhood of the extremely slow! It made me want to soldier on and finish what is sure to be a beautiful project that I am sure to be very proud of.

For your consideration, my progress thus far....


Did I mention that this is just the completion of Hint #1?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Nautical Knitter said…

    Beautiful! I love turtles!! Keep going, it gets easier, I promise. Your stole is going to be awesome!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    But it's so, so pretty! I love your yarn.

    Hang in there! When it's done it'll be totally awesome like Nautical Knitter says.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Well, that's what you get for listening to tapmouse...hehehehehee!! If you had asked me, I would definitely had said no!!

    But it is looking fabulous so I can see why you got sucked in :) I like to think that Nartian is ahead just to figure out the boo-boos to make it easier for us turtles....hang in there!!!

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    And gorgeous it is, Cockeyed! YAY!!! I'm glad you are part of the Turtle Club with me, cuz it makes turtling along so much more fun! Onward! Nartian can pull us along, we'll take up the rear!

    Ummm...can I tell you again how much I love your yarn?!

    (You KNOW you HEART me!-lol!)

    ;p

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Marisol said…

    Very pretty! I think it is coming along very nicely:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home