Goddess Knitters

16 November 2011

...one at at time...

This is a public service announcement.  People, could we please just celebrate one holiday at a time?  I am all for holiday spirit, but I'd like to have the holiday spirit during the actual holiday season.  It seems that society is running at light speed from one thing to the next.  I was at the mall last weekend and heard Christmas music in more than one store.  I guess I could get over that but the kicker for me was that as we approached the food court area there was a large crowd gathering.  I said to my daughter, "What do you suppose that is all about?"  As we got nearer we could see that there indeed was a line forming for something.  Now, hang onto your hats.  The line was to see SANTA.  Yup, Santa is in the mall, having his picture taken with little people, hearing their wishes and handing out candy canes.  It was unbelievable.
Don't get me wrong, I am the biggest Christmas fan ever, just ask my family.  I love to decorate, bake and entertain.  I have a tendency to go overboard, kind of like this guy (again, just ask my family).


But even I draw the line on Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving.  Am I the only one out there that feels this way?  I guess not....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous knitifacts said…

    I am so with you on this one.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    So cruel to the children too. Can you imagine going to see Santa, then having to wait 6 weeks (or more) for the big day to arrive. Torture. That's like for-freaking-ever to a child.
    Gah!

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger dianne said…

    I'm with you 100%! And I'm one to bust out the Christmas movies as soon as the leftovers are in the fridge on Thanksgiving day :-)

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Amen! One holiday at a time. I love Thanksgiving! Roasted turkey, family, cranberry sauce, whipped cream in my coffee and more family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home