Goddess Knitters

30 November 2011

...in plain sight...

Remember this?  Well, I have been ready to publish this pattern for a couple of days now, but one thing has been in my way.  I have not been able to find the cowl ANYWHERE.  And by anywhere I mean not in a single place in my house, car, knitting bags...ANYWHERE.  And the problem with this is that I don't have any photos of it for the pattern.  I have a few casual shots but nothing that I really want to use for the actual pattern layout.

Today, I was out at Blue Moon visiting with Tina and I told her about the missing cowl.  We commiserated about lost things and I told her the thing that was most upsetting was that the buttons were from my Grandmother's (Ida) button box, were very old and I only have one more of them.  The cowl calls for two.  After a bit of feeling sorry for myself, I knew what I needed to do.  I went out to the barn and asked Debra to put one skein of STR Heavyweight in Tumbleweed on the production list.  We talked about how disappointing it was to have lost the cowl, but I said I'd just knit another one and try to find some buttons that would work.  While we were talking about it, Becky said "You know that as soon as you knit the second cowl, the first one will show up."  I said I thought that would be fantastic, but didn't really believe that would happen.

I came home and went into my studio to wind up a ball of yarn that I needed for another project I'm working on and while winding that yarn I happened to glance over at the mannequin that I use for my photo shoots.  Yup, you guessed it.  The cowl was on the mannequin...hiding in plain sight.  For all of my looking, searching, cursing and near weeping I had looked right past the thing.  It had been there the whole time.  I called the barn and cancelled the skein I had ordered.  Becky was right, and thank goodness I didn't need to knit the second cowl before I found the first one!



So that being said, you should be seeing the Erin's Cowl pattern really soon!  Assuming I don't misplace the darn thing again.  Maybe I should just wear it....


Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said…

    The cowl is beautiful, and the buttons really are a treasure. I can see why you'd be upset at the thought of losing it. Congrats on the find!

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe
    oh goody, i can't wait to knit this one!
    dd1 took off for school wearing one of my Patricia cowls. i fear it's not long before i lose any semblance of knowing where my possessions are!

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger dianne said…

    I hate when that happens! It's like looking all over for your sunglasses when they've been on top of your head the whole time!

    Pretty cowl. Nice and cabley and textured for the chilly winter weather :-)

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    Don't let it out of your (plain) sight };0)

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Katherine Rollins said…

    The buttons are fantastic!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness . . . . I am so so happy that you found it! Right where it was "supposed" to be, I guess! It is so lovely! Another beautiful Debbi design!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home