Goddess Knitters

17 February 2014

...lather, rinse, repeat...

I'm back from Madrona just in time to wash my clothes and repack them before I head off to Stitches West and the WEBS booth.  

I had just the best weekend.  Great classes, super fun friends, beautiful yarn and a lot of laughing.  I can’t even talk about the Teacher Talent Show.  No, I really can’t with the whole media blackout thing.  And just let me tell you I, for one, am extra thankful for that blackout.  

I arrived on Wednesday and immediately got to the business of seeking out friends.  As I said before, it’s been a long time since I’ve been to Madrona but it felt like it was yesterday.  Everything about this event is special and this year was no different.

Thursday I taught my Knitting With Your iPad class to 10 of the best students.  We had a great time and I think they learned a lot.  They asked great questions, which I always love.  It keeps me on my toes and I usually learn something coming out of classes like this one.  Here are three of my students.  Love them!
Friday I held a demo on Social Media for Knitters in the morning.  It was great to meet the people that came by.  I visited with many knitters and knitting shop owners about how and why they would want to use Social Media.  Again, it was a learning experience for many, me included.

Friday afternoon I spent with Judith learning her technique of spinning scraps.  What an eyeopener.  Every class with Judith is always fantastic.  I have learned so much from her over the years but I know it’s just the tip of the iceberg of knowledge that she has.  I loved every moment I spent in that class.

Saturday morning I was in class with Nancy Bush.  She taught the technique for Nordic Color.  This class made me look at colorwork in a whole new way.  

Of course, there were many evening events and time with friends.  One of the best was the Teacher Gallery.  It was the opportunity for all of the teachers at Madrona to exhibit their designs.  It was great fun and I met such wonderful knitters.  I also caught sight of both Spectral and Traliccio in the wild.  These two have the same yarn (that they got together) and each knit one of the designs.  It was so much fun to see their beautiful cowls!

Oh, and that piece I’m wearing….new design coming soon!

As I said, I loved each and every moment of Madrona.  I now realize how much I have missed going each year.  I will be back next year, without a doubt.

Gotta run….laundry calls.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said…

    Your class sounds fun. Would you be interested in teaching it at OFFF this fall? I know there was some discussion on the ravelry forum about that kind of class. If you're interested, class proposals are due by 2/28, but you probably have all the info written up already, anyway.

    http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/oregon-flock--fiber-festival/2816417/1-25#21

     

Post a Comment

<< Home