...blogging about this, that and the occasional other thing...

08 January 2014

...uncharted territory...

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, bright and early, for something I have never done before.  It's something that I have had in the back of my mind for quite some time and several months ago I thought it's now or never, so I filled out my application, got my letters of introduction and it all fell into place.

I'm headed to TNNA's winter trade show in San Diego!  This is a national trade show for yarn companies, teachers, designers, etc.  I'm really excited to be going.

What's more exciting is that I will be releasing a new pattern while I'm there.  Lorajean of Knitted Wit is hosting me in her booth, along side my good friend Carrie.

I've got a new scarf design called Spring Mix that features Lorajean's beautiful single fingering.  The yarn is a dream to work with and shows lace patterns beautifully.  The pattern will be available in a kit that will be offered Friday night at SAMPLE IT !  But if you can't make it to TNNA to see this new pattern here is a sneak peak...


Carrie will have a new design there also and I can't wait to see it and her!

I'll be taking some classes while I'm there, too.  I'll fill you in more on that when I get home. 

I'm a little nervous about all of this.  I'm not sure what to expect or what I'll learn or who I'll meet, but  boy am I ready!  Onward!

9 comments:

Stephen said...

Hooray for you! Have a great trip and show 'em what you got. I can't wait to hear how you enjoy the trip. Give my love to Carrie, too.

Tricia said...

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see you. Terry, Leslie and I will be there as part of Carrie's posse. We'll be your posse too!

Unknown said...

You have earned this! You are so talented, just enjoy every minute of it!
Di

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Have a great time! TNNA is a load of fun.

And I agree, Lorajean's single fingering is wonderful to work with!

Anne said...

You go girl!!! The knitting world needs to see your beautiful designs!

Hot Pink Socks said...

I am so excite for you!!! You will have a great time. By the way, please say hi to Lorajean for me. She and I went to Warner Pacific College together. Have a great time.

Stephanie Lewis (Klepinger)
hotpinksocksreviews.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Debbi! Another step in your journey! You are so talented . . . . strut your stuff!!!! Have a great time! Hugs to all the CA girls (Carrie, Leslie, Terry, Celia) and to Lorajean and Brooke!!!!

Discoknits said...

Go Debbi! Pretty new pattern. You'll be awesome, as always. Hugs to all your boothmates too, mwah xo

dianne said...

Have fun!