Goddess Knitters

08 February 2013

...just ten minutes..

One of the many things I learned from Judith at the mini-spinner retreat is everyone should spin just ten minutes a day.  Just ten minutes.  Judith likes to think of the wheel as a musical instrument, and the idea behind this is that practicing 10 minutes a day is like practicing the piano 10 minutes a day.  The more you practice the better you get, you don't become a slave to the instrument and everyone can surely find ten minutes in their day for this practice.

I've started my 10 minutes a day with this.


This is half of a luxury batt, made by Judith, that I bought while at the last Knot Hysteria Color Retreat.  The other half went home from the retreat with my friend Stephanie.  The idea being that we each spin and ply half of this beauty. We would then split the finished yarn, keep half for ourselves, and send the other half to the other person.  From there we each would weave a scarf, scarves that will be kind of fraternal twins.  Steph came up with the idea and I think it's brilliant!



I see only one problem with this.  I'm going to want to spin more than just ten minutes...


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Susan Cochran said…

    No doubt! Gorgeous color . . . yum!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home