Goddess Knitters

23 January 2013

...retreating...

Hello from the road.  I arrived in Port Townsend on Monday afternoon and got settled into my room at the beautiful Bishop Victorian Hotel.  It's a wonderful place to stay and the staff is outstanding.

Port Townsend is really a charming town.  Thanks to Marcy, who has been here before, I had a list of things to see.  Yesterday, I headed out bright and early to take a walk around town.  First stop, coffee...
If I lived in this town I would be here every day.  Delicious coffee and a beautiful view, this place has it all.   You can see that it's right on the water and there is a lot going on out there.
After coffee, I continued on and found this.

The Poetry Post with the Poem of the Month.  The instructions were to take a copy with you, or if you you just needed a quick poetry fix you could read it there and put it back for someone else.  Charming !

And it's good to know that there is plenty of yarn here in case, you know, I run out or something....




Speaking of yarn, I did visit two yarn shops in town,  Diva Yarn and Bazaar Girls.  Both were great and I happened to spy this on the shelf at Bazaar Girls...

                                        

After my walk and a quick lunch, a group of us headed to Taylored Fibers.  Barry and Linda Taylor have a great place.  We saw the picking machine, as well as the carder Barry uses to create custom roving and batts. 


                       



Of course there was a large selection of roving for purchase. More on that later.

Barry and Linda have sheep too...
Meet Gracie!
After the field trip we gathered for a happy hour meet and greet with Beth, Kevin and Judith.  It was a nice evening that was capped off with a terrific slide presentation by Kevin.  We were fortunate enough to see photos of the sailing trips that he and Beth took to the South Pacific.  The stories that Kevin told about those trips were amazing.

If the rest of this trip is anything like yesterday, I think my brain will be really full.  Today we start spinning with Judith.  Can't wait...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home