Goddess Knitters

15 May 2013

...Mother's Day, part III...

My Mother's Day weekend was really full.   On Sunday I went hiking with our daughter Kate.  We headed out to Multnomah Falls and hiked the trail to the top and back down.

 It's only a little over a mile to the top of the falls but I'm here to tell you it's a long way up.  There are 11 switchbacks to get to the top and with each one the trail gets more steep.  

 It was a cloudy, drizzly day but the view from the stop was beautiful.  
 It's been more than 30 years since I've hiked this trail and believe me when I tell you I won't be waiting 30 more years before I do it again.  What did you do this weekend?




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:27 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    I ran a 10k! And went to the movies with my smalls :0)
    Wow, what a hike, so beautiful. And you look AMAZING!

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger dianne said…

    I did as little as possible and enjoyed dinner with my dad and in-laws.
    Multnomah Falls was on my list of things to do during the next Sock Summit. I guess I need a new reason to visit Portland again....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home