Goddess Knitters

26 September 2010

...but then you already knew that...

Knitters are pretty awesome. I know, I know. If you know any knitters you know that this first statement is pretty obvious. Knitters are kind, clever, giving, smart, hard working, diligent, and knitters rise to the occasion, whatever it might be. Case in point.....

Remember these?

Made by an awesome knitter.

And these?

another awesome knitter...

Yup, another clever knitter.
These were all gifts for Paytan. As were these....



(side note: the crown was knit by Virginia, a sock camp friend for Paytan's first birthday celebration! and the last little hat was dyed and knit by my wonderful friend Marcy. She had called me while I was on my way down to Newport for Paytan's early arrival and said she just had to cast on something tiny and pink right then. It arrived at Erin and Kris's house the day they came home from the hospital!)

So you can see that knitters are all of the things I said before; clever, kind, giving, smart, etc. But there is something else that knitters are...they are sneaky. Yes, I said sneaky. They put their heads together and come up with some of the most wonderful surprises. And here is one of the best surprises ever. A group of talented and giving knitters got together, with the herding leadership of Jen and Lisa (two of my favorite people on the planet) and knitted up this beautiful heirloom for Paytan. It's made up of different blocks of STR! It's the most beautiful thing!


Not only did they knit one for Paytan, but they did the same thing for Dylan who is the grandson of Debra (head dyer extraordinaire for depraved dyer! Check this out for more!) I don't even have the words to tell you what this blanket means to me. I can only say Susan, Judy, RoAnn, Celia, Anne, Tracy, Carrie, Leslie, Marcy, Sam, Tece, Mya, Terry, Marison, Stormy, Cathy, Karen, Laura, KT, Naomi, Linda, Virginia, Laura, Paula, Leslie, Alice, Susan, Ayelet, Liz, Mary, Jen and Lisa you have my undying gratitude. I can't wait to share this beautiful blanket with Paytan and tell her just how special each and every one of you is.


Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Mya said…

    So glad you liked it! I loved being able to make a little square for the blanket. :)

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love it all! Paytan is SO lucky to have such great people in her life. Thanks to all!

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger dianne said…

    Truly a blanket of love! It's beautiful!

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Discoknits said…

    Is that a teeny teddy on one of the squares? Beautiful :0)

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such a wee one and brandy new grammy deserve all that lovin'!
    You reduced me to tears (happy ones) again. hugs to all!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It was so fun joining in on the super secret blankies.

    I'm sure Paytan will enjoy all her handknit goodies & I'm sure she'll enjoy all the love from her grandma.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Tece said…

    It was my pleasure to be sneaky! Enjoy all the time you can with Paytan....grandbabies are awesome fun!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home