Goddess Knitters

14 July 2010

...blogiversary...



I can't believe it's been 3 years since I began this blog. When I started this I wasn't sure if I'd actually keep it up. I have always wanted to keep a journal, but never followed through after about the first week. This dates back to my days in grade school when I would receive a diary for my birthday or Christmas and promised myself that I'd write in it every day. I would write faithfully for a few days, look back on what I had written with an eye too critical and end up with more blank pages in the diary than those that had been written on.

I have started journals as an adult, only to let them fall away too. Until blogging came my way. At first I thought of this blog as a place to record the comings and goings of my knitting group, "Goddess Knitters". But slowly, and surely it has evolved into a real journal of my life and my times, with a sprinkling of the 'goddesses' thrown in. It has been a very good place for me to vent about, celebrate, and keep track of my life as I go through it. It has become what I always wanted a journal to be for me; a way to look back and reflect on things that have come my way.

Though I don't write as often as I would like, I do write about things that are important to me. There have been many tears and many more smiles in the past 3 years and I am happy that I have a record of them. My kids, and soon to be grandkids will be able to read this and look back at what was going on in my life. I really wish I had this kind of record of my own Mother's life. Maybe that is what keeps me at it.

I have never been the best writer. There have been mistakes in the past writing and there are sure to be many more. But I am past that point of being critical about what and how I write. There are millions of people that are better writers than I. But I don't write this for them, I write this for me. And I like what I see.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And its wonderful that you share with the rest of us!!!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Blogiversary!! I've always been the same way. Repeatedly starting journals and always letting them fall by the wayside. I've always wanted to start a blog-perhaps that is the answer for me, as well.
    ~margaret

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Susan said…

    Three years . . . . wow! totally delightful thoughts and musings on your life and passions . . . . . I love reading your journal!

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I, for one, am glad you write. It's fun to see your projects, get a glimpse of your humor, and see a bit of your life, especially that new baby! Happy blogiversary!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    But I don't write this for them, I write this for me. And I like what I see.

    I love this. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home