Goddess Knitters

28 April 2010

...fortunate...

for·tu·nate
adjective
Definition:
1. lucky: enjoying good luck
2. resulting from luck: happening as a result of good luck
3. bringing luck: bringing good luck
[14th century. <>fortunatus< fortuna"fate, luck"]


Yup, I am a very fortunate person. Here's why.

1. I received this:


It is yarn (str lightweight) that was dyed by depravedDyer in her 'Saturate Yourself' class that she taught at Sock Camp this year. She gave it to me and it became this:


That's 'Baby Mine' by Stephanie.

2. I received these:

They were knit by the same Stephanie. She knit them out of 'cattywampus' (see this for more info).

3. The 'Baby Mine' will go on this:



and the booties will go on this:

4. That is an ultrasound of my granddaughter. She will be born in September, and that makes me the most fortunate of all.

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger cupcakefaerie said…

    Best wishes. You're going to be an awesome (and very young) grandmama!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Babygirl! Congratulations, you are to be the best grandma!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger dianne said…

    Beautiful sweater! Having friends who know how to touch your heart is a true blessing.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My 1st grandchild, also a girl, will be here the end of June. I'm so excited and the needles have been flying! Congratulations!!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd say it's that little Bundle of Joy who is most fortunate. Course, babies make everything better.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Tece said…

    Let me tell you ....you won't believe how it feels to be a grandma....there's nothing like it!!Have fun!

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said…

    Oh!! Soooo sweet!! Little baby to be is going to be spoiled to STR bits!! You will be the Grandma tat Rocks!!!

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Melissa (Meliabella) said…

    Congrats Deb! What a beautiful post! :)

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous fraudbuster said…

    You are indeed fortunate and your granddaughter will be fortunate, as well.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger linda said…

    Lucky baby, indeed lucky you. You will be a super grandma! My grandson melts my heart and makes me laugh every moment I spend with him. You are so blessed!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So fun to finally hear if the new grandbaby is oing to be a girl or boy! I know that she will bbe beautiul, funny, and have much joy in her life!

    CintiSue (Susan Voegtly)

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger tapmouse said…

    Awwww...cute! I love that little, widdle foot-and I DID see it! Too cute! Congrats again, Grandma!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Christina said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! She is a very lucky little girl. I can't wait to see pictures at sock camp next year (I will be there next year if I have to walk!).

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Marisol said…

    Congratulations again to you and your lovely daughter! All children are a blessing from above:)

    The sweater is so adorable as are the booties.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home