Goddess Knitters

14 December 2008

...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Living in the Pacific Northwest, we don't get much snow. So when the weatherman said there would be snow on Sunday I thought "yeah, right". They don't seem to be very accurate when it comes to the white stuff. Anyway, tonight was to be the 13th Annual Christmas Mug Exchange and Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I have had the mug exchange every year we've lived in this house and it's always a blast. See last year for more information on that!

When I got up this morning the ground was wet and it was not looking like anything but the most typical of December days in Oregon. But within 45 minutes everything changed.



Well, with 2 inches on the ground and the prediction of several more, along with temperatures in the 20s, I sent out the word that the mug exchange and sweater party would have to be cancelled for 2008. :(

As the snow piled up, I grabbed my camera and headed outside to take these:




Even the dogs wanted in on the snow fun ~



I did venture out to the mall ( in my husband's F250 Ford pickup) with my daughter to get a few things and ran into this guy...

He assured me that the reindeer were warm and fed and that the snow was going to continue. So, schools are closed tomorrow, chains are required in the Portland Metro area and I won't be going anywhere for a few days.....I drive a Mini Cooper.



Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home